The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Someone please tell me about this!

Go down 
+4
Kid Setzer
Mike
Fluke
CoolCat65
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolCat65

Someone please tell me about this! Empty
PostSubject: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySat May 31, 2008 7:56 pm

I've been in & out of the loop over the years, and I have never heard this song or seen the video! Where is it from, and why wasn't this KILLER song never on a BSO album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FeAKLAfjU
Back to top Go down
Fluke

Fluke

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:01 pm

This song was performed for a Pepsi Japanese commercial in 2001, and was released as a Single on that country. It's also available on the "Best of Big Band" collection CD.

great song indeed!
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Fluke wrote:
This song was performed for a Pepsi Japanese commercial in 2001, and was released as a Single on that country. It's also available on the "Best of Big Band" collection CD.

great song indeed!

Thanks Fluke! Japan's gain was our loss! I sure wish he would released that one here in the States! Mad

Last edited by CoolCat65 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:26 pm

WOW who is that woman! someone tell her she needs to call me!!!
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:42 am

Mike wrote:
WOW who is that woman! someone tell her she needs to call me!!!

You can't be talkin' about Joie Shettler, cuz she's mine!! Laughing

You can have the brunette. I always was a sucker for a SEXY redhead! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:58 am

MAN I'm talkin bout the dancin brunette!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:06 am

Get a room you two! Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:56 am

THATS WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY!!! HAHAHA Sleep Sleep Sleep Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 4:59 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Get a room you two! Razz

Kid.

Now, I know you don't mean with each other!! Shocked

First of all I'm hetero! Secondly... I told you... I'm in love (okay... LUST), with Joie Shettler!!! Wink

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 am

2 rooms!!! hahah
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Mike wrote:
2 rooms!!! hahah

Thats more like it! Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:08 am

Did we lose a bet with Japan? They get Brian Setzer for a Pepsi commercial when we got Britney Spears? There's no justice in the world!
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Ponczek007 wrote:
Did we lose a bet with Japan? They get Brian Setzer for a Pepsi commercial when we got Britney Spears? There's no justice in the world!

Ditto!! Mad

Apparently they are ahead of us in musical taste, as well as technology!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Ponczek007 wrote:

As far as I know Brian never appeared in a Japanese Pepsi commercial spot. It's "just" the music which has been made by Brian. The spot itself features only this famous Japanese baseball player whose name I forgot...is it Itchio or something like that...sorry but I'm not into baseball.

BB
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:38 pm

"Itchio" might have been a nickname for any of the Yankees players in the bug-infested playoff games in Cleveland last year, but Ichiro Suzuki - the phenomenal Japanese player with the Seattle Mariners - is the subject of the Pep, Pep, Pepsi song (along with Pepsi-cola, of course). Sexy, Sexy is not the actual song in the commercial, but the killer track on the Japanese Best of the Big Band CD. Pep, Pep, Pepsi is the commercial adaptation of that song, also recorded by the BSO.

The US did get the BSO for a Ritz Cracker commercial last year - Gonna Ritz It Up.

Itchy and Thirsty-billy
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Itchy and Thirsty-billy
Is this a lost lyric to Rakin' & Scrapin'? Laughing Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone please tell me about this!   Someone please tell me about this! Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone please tell me about this!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: ORCHESTRA DISCUSSION-
Jump to: