The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs

Go down 
+2
ArtVandelay
tappenfeat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs Empty
PostSubject: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:45 am

Thought I'd post this here and maybe start a buzz...have fun reading...no Brian posted...sniff.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/49237/the-25-most-infamous-guitar-riffs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:18 am

I was going to argue, then realized I played all those within my first year of guitar. lol!

Last edited by ArtVandelay on Fri May 30, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm

This list really sucks anyway. I mean I'm amazed pipeline made it and thats great but bleh otherwise it's a pretty cliched list.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Ponczek007 wrote:
This list really sucks anyway. I mean I'm amazed pipeline made it and thats great but bleh otherwise it's a pretty cliched list.

I think that's the point - take the most mainstream, overplayed, cliched riffs, and put them on a list. Shoot, even The Brian put Smoke On the Water at the end of Yes We Can Can on Wolfgang's Big Night Out.

"Most Rockin'?" Maybe, maybe not. But even if you're not a big Classic Rock fan, you have to acknowledge the popularity of the ones named on the list.

Anyway, I hope nobody's getting too worked up over this list. It's just one man's opinion. The internet can be such a cesspool of negativity sometimes. Thanks to all the fans who have Cat Class around here for making this message board an oasis in a sea of internet dreck.

Norman Vincent Peale-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:23 pm

I don't see Setzer as a "riff" guitarist, in the sense that his performance doesn't rely on some signature hook. I understand the reasons for the songs on that list being included - it's that kind of mass-consumption sort of list. Because of his technical skill, much of Setzer's stuff isn't copyable by non-professional guitarists. In my view, it's that kind of riff (the copyable kind) that makes a Yahoo list on guitar riffs. As someone who sincerely admires what Setzer does with a guitar, I say I'm almost kind of glad none of his stuff is on the list. I suppose that sounds a little snobbish, but...I don't care! I know I'm preaching to the choir when I'm on this board! The only thing that comes to my mind that might qualify (riff from a huge hit) would be the intro to Stray Cat Strut. But even that is so unique to the Setzer sound...plus it's from a song that has the band's name in it! Probably not covered by a whole lot of non-RAB groups. So I'm not too wound up about The Brian not making the Yahoo list.

Here's what kills me about that list: no Pretty Woman? You have got to be kidding me! Or those tasty runs from La Bamba? How can those two not be on that list?! That's like having a list of the top 24 English letters, and leaving T and E off!

Well, anyway, just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm

C'mon, Bear! Don't you know about the mainstream media's policy of refusing to acknowledge anything before 1964? I'm amazed Pipeline made it on that list! (yes, I know. Pretty Woman is from 1964 - it's still "Oldies" as far as Clear Channel is concerned.)

I mean, the Beatles invented rock-n-roll, right?

Ow. Tongue sprain. Planted too far inside cheek.

Sarcast-a-billy
Back to top Go down
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Anyway, I hope nobody's getting too worked up over this list. It's just one man's opinion. The internet can be such a cesspool of negativity sometimes. Thanks to all the fans who have Cat Class around here for making this message board an oasis in a sea of internet dreck.

Well said Rick...the list was just as expected...cliche'; sliding down the river of the media's drool.

S.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
Sam

Sam

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 am

tappenfeat wrote:

Well said Rick...the list was just as expected...cliche'; sliding down the river of the media's drool.

S.P.
Yes, 'tis is very true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs   The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs Empty

Back to top Go down

The 25 Most Rockin' Guitar Riffs
Page 1 of 1