The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pickup switch noise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Mike

Pickup switch  noise Empty
PostSubject: Pickup switch noise   Pickup switch  noise EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Can anyone tell me why when i put the pickup switch in the bridge or treble position there is a buzz/hum? But not when using both pickus?
FYI the pickups are dearmond 2000, guitar is about 2 years old,gretsch 5125,
Back to top Go down
johnp

PostSubject: Re: Pickup switch noise   Pickup switch  noise EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Mike

Thats because you have single coil pickups, thats a feature.

The simplet option is to try out a wirless kit for you guitar, in the long run this might sound stupid but by the time you have spent money on a tech to shield or star ground your guitar, then you find it doesnt work, so you try an alternatvie set of pickups and still have the noise etc....

Actually, check out http://www.tvjones.com i 'think' he might have humbuckers that are the sam as the DeArmond's that might resolve the problem, but then you will have a change in sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tonemasters
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: noise   Pickup switch  noise EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks John,
Actually I am changing the pickups to tv classics. He does have some that are shaped like the dearmonds. though. I heard that about the single coils, i just dont remember the hum being so loud, who knows maybe i had too much wax in the ear or something. I was just worried I'd have to change the switch out.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: john   Pickup switch  noise EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 pm

You were totally right about the single coil noise John.
Once I installed my new TV JONES Classics, there is absolutely no noise in the up down or middle position until i strike a note!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickup switch noise   Pickup switch  noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickup switch noise
Page 1 of 1