The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO Duets: why not?

Go down 
+19
therealdeal
Davy Jones
El Perro
bigband51436
Aristocat
Madman
Chillicat
crazycatlady
GuitarMan
DEXTER
Gloria
rickabilly
johnny61
Mikey
masbirras
brett
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
ufopsi
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Madman

Madman

BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Yeah, Kim has had some sort of gardening programme on BBC.

She played an 80¨s concert here in Esbjerg, Denmark a couple of years ago and is playing the same gig again this year, gardening hasn't done any damage to her "melons" or her voice.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Mikey wrote:
Gloria wrote:
I know this is going to seem obvious since it's coming from me, but...well, I would like to hear Brian duet with Elvis. C'mon! If American Idol can bring Elvis "to life" on tv with Celine Dion, Brian can duet with him!

I wonder what their voices would sound like together? They have similar big, manly voices. Sigh.

It was just a thought....
How about the ultimate Duet EVER!!!!!! Bobby Darin & Brian (Shi, i just drooled all over my keyboard)

M x

Sorry Mikey, gotta say the ultimate would be Bri with Gene and Eddie!! 'magine that!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
bigband51436

bigband51436

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
Gloria wrote:
I know this is going to seem obvious since it's coming from me, but...well, I would like to hear Brian duet with Elvis. C'mon! If American Idol can bring Elvis "to life" on tv with Celine Dion, Brian can duet with him!

I wonder what their voices would sound like together? They have similar big, manly voices. Sigh.

It was just a thought....
How about the ultimate Duet EVER!!!!!! Bobby Darin & Brian (Shi, i just drooled all over my keyboard)

M x

Joining just a little late, but ..... Brian and Bobby would positively be the greatest duet EVER!! Could you imagine how great it would have been had Bobby lived just a little longer? Hey, "The world's alright and everything's swingin' long as he's singin' his song" right? Bobby's still singin'!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm normally not in favor of those ghost duets, but Bobby Darin and Brian Setzer... That'll work!

BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 Bobby_Setzer

As Long As I'm Singin'-billy
Back to top Go down
bigband51436

bigband51436

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Well, I'm sure Brian wouldn't mind singing with Bobby! I know I wouldn't! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Here's an idea....

How about the BSO doing an album of classics or modern songs with the original singer (ar at least the singer that popularized the song)? Personally, I'd love to hear Tony Bennett doing "Plenty of Money and You" with the BSO, but I don't think Tony's still got the pipes to rock that song.
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Dick Dale's still around..

Surf's up!!
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:47 pm

How about something with one of Brian's pals from the early days of the Stray Cats, Keith Richards? I can think of some cool changes that the B.S.O. could do on a number of Rolling Stones songs ("She Was Hot", "Ruby Tuesday", "Thief in the Night", just to name a few I think might work out) or perhaps a Chuck Berry number like "Around and Around" as the Stones covered this "rockabilly" style on their album, 12x5.
Back to top Go down
therealdeal

therealdeal

PostSubject: Duets   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 am

How about Brian Setzer and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy? That would be really swingin'! afro
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 am

Brian, please do not do any of this. I will release you from your kibosh if you do as I request.

Unless...how about Richard Cheese! cheers Yeah, baby! Mr. Cheese with the BSO! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Mikey

PostSubject: Excuse me Mr Setzer   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:57 pm

I say Mr Setzer, I appear to have started a rolling ball here. Apparantly there has been a change in the law, and under current Minnesota (can i spell?) law, all residing artistes originating from Massapequa must record a 'ghost' duet with Walden Robert Cassotto.

Nothing to do with me old bean, but if I were you, I'd either be dodging the cops, or hittin' the studio.

Mikey (Tongue-firmly-in-cheek) of the Yard

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
"rockabilly" style on their album, 12x5.

I thought it was Marty Thau's 12 x 5?

Mikey Burke
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:

Mikey Burke

I was referring to the Rolling Stones' 3rd album 12x5, released in 1964, as opposed to the 12x5 album that Brian Setzer and his earlier band (Pre-Stray Cats) The Bloodless Pharaohs contributed tracks to.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:

Mikey Burke

I was referring to the Rolling Stones' 3rd album 12x5, released in 1964, as opposed to the 12x5 album that Brian Setzer and his earlier band (Pre-Stray Cats) The Bloodless Pharaohs contributed tracks to.

Oh! Sorry Davy. Please excuse my ignorance. I am a great Stones fan, but I didn't remember they had an album of that name. I guess i'm a 'Greatest Hits' guy after all.
Mikey x
Back to top Go down
therealdeal

therealdeal

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:25 pm

How about Brian and Deke Dickerson? I think someone said this already, but how about Jerry Lee Lewis? afro
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Bringing back an old topic buuuuuuuuut...

Kate Pierson (B-52's) .

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
bigshampoo

bigshampoo

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 6:57 am

I'd love to see a duet with "Big Shampoo & The Hairstylers" Cool Let's see how he does it in comparison with our guitarplayer, hahaha Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigshampoo.nl
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 pm

Blondie.? flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO Duets: why not?   BSO Duets: why not? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BSO Duets: why not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2