The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

heil recordings?

Go down 
+3
Hellvis
StanTheMan
brian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brian

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptySat May 03, 2008 6:11 pm

hi all, i was wondering if anybody has these recordings from the 68 comeback shows in california.i have lost all,and was wondering if someone could make me some copys.i will pay any amount if possible.back when they were made i believe judy heil made a few copys.if you could help i would really appreciate it.thanks..brian
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:12 am

I have copies. Now if we could only find Judy. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Hellvis

Hellvis

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:54 pm

If I may ask, what are we talkin' 'bout here?
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Good question, I was going to ask the same thing. I had mine stolen...
Back to top Go down
jshea

jshea

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Ah, Hellvis, it was the pinnacle of Setzer-fandom goodwill. Back during the time of Version 1 of the Fan Forum, while Brian was still riding very high on the BSO wave, (my memory is a bit foggy on the actual timeleines & whatnot). Brian on a whim? or as a test, decided to play a couple of CA shows as a trio, consisting of himself, Mark W. Winchester on bass, and Bernie Dresel on drums. If memory serves me, Brian was totally cool with audience recordings so long as they didn't end up for sale. A fan named Judy Heil captured a recording of each show, one at the Coach House, the other at the Belly-Up (I think). Word made it's way to the board, and requests started coming in for copies. Judy generously made copies for some, but obviously couldn't copy for everyone, so those who received copies from Judy offered to make copies for others, who then did the same. I THINK got my copies from AmEricano (although it could have been Gib, I I don't exactly remember)...maybe I sent copies to Gib, hell, I 'm not sure) {Gib, you still out there? I'm the guy who sent you the print of the Rockabilly girl playing guitar and the homemade CD covers and stuff for the Heil Recordings}. I think I ended up sending out about 35-40 sets of discs to new Setzer fan-friends over the globe at times. I even got a box of "thank you" chocolates from Switzerland, and some various discs, casettes and videotapes of Setzer/Stray Cats rarities from others.

Anyway, most of the new stuff performed during these gigs wound up on the IGNITION disc, though there is a banjo cover of Gentle on My Mind that sadly, never made it's way on to an actual disc (right?). The sound is quite good for an audience recording.

It was a very fun time here on the boards, as Brian was starting to show signs of getting back into some straight up rockabilly/rock & roll TRIO style.

That's the basics of the Heil recordings, though any one with clearer memories feel free to fill in with clearer facts if you got 'em.

Now I think I'm going to go crank the Coach House album
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsheastanley.com
brian

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: thanks   heil recordings? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:29 pm

just thought i would ask.brian
Back to top Go down
jshea

jshea

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey Brian,

I'm missing my Belly-Up disc right now, but I can send the Coach House gig your way if that helps. WIll MP3s work for you? Or would you rather have CDs? Just drop me an email and let me know and I can get a copy out to you

Shea
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsheastanley.com
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Are there any objections from the runner of this forum (thats you Tommy) if someone were to host the mp3's on a site to download?

Since Brian does note on the recording that he would love for the fans to trade and have this music, I am willing to post them on a website to download, but just want to make sure permission is given first.

If Tommy gives a green light, I will make them available ASAP.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
brian

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: thanks   heil recordings? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:43 pm

jshea,that would be great,i had lost all my setzer/straycat music and memorabilia.anyway im at straycat657@yahoo,com.brian
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:59 pm

@ Shea: thanks man!
Now I remember I had heard about those shows but never knew the whole story.

*sigh* aaaahhh... Ignition...
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:33 am

johnnykool327 wrote:
Since Brian does note on the recording that he would love for the fans to trade and have this music, I am willing to post them on a website to download, but just want to make sure permission is given first.

If Tommy gives a green light, I will make them available ASAP.

-BK

That would be SO sweet, seeing how Ignition is my favorite BS CD to date.... What a Face
Rob
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? EmptyFri May 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Well,

For now, check the music player on the main page. One of the shows is on there, in its entirety. I don't have time at work here to check which one it is, but it rocks, they both do.

Am still willing to make them available if the T-man gives a green light.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
Sponsored content

heil recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heil recordings?   heil recordings? Empty

Back to top Go down

heil recordings?
Page 1 of 1