The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob Plant (drove past again)

Go down 
+4
TommyM
donpepe
Hellvis
carboncat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
carboncat

carboncat

Rob Plant (drove past again) Empty
PostSubject: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all
Aint it wierd the way we responde to different things?
Where I live in Kidderminster UK there is a small village called Wolverley,and believe it or not Rob Plant lives somewhere in the village or the surrounding country side.He has alot to do with the local school that my son attends,as it is also a sort of music college,and I see him (not to speak to) quite regular in his Audi estate.Sometimes you will see him at the local supermarket and he used to drink in the local pub.
The thing that I am getting at is that I have never really been a fan until I heard he did some stuff with Brian Setzer and that gets me thinking I would like to meet him , but only to ask him about Brian and what they did together.
Now if I had one of the Stray Cats living down the road I would be getting really excited bounce bounce bounce but then again some zepplin fan would love to be were I am.
It's mad really,but I was just sat here thinking about it because I saw him today and he had,had the windows tinted on his motor,which is all the craze in the UK at the moment.
I hope I havent bored anyone with this, but I just thought I'd mention it. Embarassed
Carbon Cat UK
Nearwhererobplantlives-abilly lol! lol!

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:17 pm

CC, got any spare room for the wife and I?

D
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:37 am

Robert Plant is aHUGE rockabilly fan!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:10 am

donpepe wrote:
Robert Plant is a HUGE rockabilly fan!

He's also an incredibly cool Cat. One of the nicest people I've ever met. Both he and his family are wonderful. Robert Plant could not be more down to Earth and it's no surprise that he and Brian are good friends, because Brian is the same way.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySat May 03, 2008 10:57 am

I've never met him but I've reqd several articles in which he talks about rab, he's also in the Sun records legacy dvd.
I've also heard he visited Goofin record store while in Finland with his band.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi All
I remember one night about 30 years ago I was in The Queens Head in Wolverley with my mate and he pointed him out to me,(he was playing darts with the locals) and didnt seem to have any edge on him at all,he was just like one of the lads.He has done alot for the local music scene and used to play with the honeydrippers at some of the local pubs.The next time I see him and he is'nt in his car,I might approach him and ask him about his time with Brian and mention the forum to him. He still looks good for his age, hes still got the curly hair and as I said he drives around in one of those big Audi estate cars,but again its nothing flash.
Its wierd because I see him quite often its not a suprise to me,but if I got a glimpse of one of the stray cats I dont know how I would react.
We have quite a few famous ones who used to live in our area.
Years ago a mate of mine was best mates with one of the members of Black Sabbath and was going to be a roadie for them,but on the way back from the members house after doing some decorating,he had a real serious motorcycle accident.This finished his career before it started but he remained friends with them.I met them, in a pub one night when he took them out to the local for a pint.They seemed OK but after a few pints and numerous games of dominoes they went outside and churned up the car park of The Horse and Jockey pub in thier Mercedes convertible.
Another interesting fact is that John Bonham's grave is in a village close to Kidderminster called Cuttnall Green,and they published some pictures and a story in the local paper some time ago on the anniversary of his death.And his son Jason used to jam with some of the local bands.
I suppose we all have stories to tell,but these just came into my head the other day so I thought I would share them with you.
I hope you dont mind Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySun May 04, 2008 4:26 am

Tell mr.plant to get active on Honeydrippers again and be sure to call mr.setzer on guitar, NO substitutes will do, heh heh!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyFri May 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Yeah!!! I'm gonna catch up with Mr Plant next time I ever get the chance!and ask him about him and Brian and whats going on with himself and rockabilly at the moment.There is also a guy from Kidderminster where I live called Mike Sanchez and he is a real talented musician who plays lots of instruments and is a brill singer and I think he had something to do with Rob Plant. Have any of you heard of him,hes a real smooth sort of rockabilly guy.
As I am typing this my son Dan said that he saw Rob Plant down by his school today in a big american old fashioned type pick up truck. Ive got to ask the man about him and Brian?I will keep you posted if I meet and ask him.
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySat May 10, 2008 8:25 am

Mike Sanchez is GREAT! He used to be the singer/piano player for the Big Town Playboys. Fantastic old-style rhythm'n'blues band! And the album Sanchez made with Sweden's Knockout Greg & the Blue Weather is one of my favourites. These days, I think (among other things, probably) he's a member of Bill Wyman's Kings Of Rhythm.

By the way, the Big Town Playboys did the backing for Jeff Beck's Crazy Legs-album, you know his tribute to Cliff Gallup. Mike "played the part of" Gene Vincent Very Happy

Anders
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/builtforspeedband
Vincent Blackshad

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:41 am

In March 1989' Robert Plant was in the crowd at the Stray Cats gig in the Town & Country Club gig in London. We got his autograph. In 2004 at the Cats Shepards Bush gig he sat only a few seats away from me in the gallery.
Plant once met Elvis and they sang Love Me together. Also on the last Led Zepplin album there is a sort of rock n roll/rockabilly song Hot Dog. Led Zepplin were a truly great band ,one of the best ever. He also has a recent rootsy album of duets with Alison Krauss and its quite good.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks Guys
Im glad you answered that one for me ,because I could'nt remember the band that mike sanchez played with and YES! it was The Big Town Playboys. I think he still lives locally, I remember seeing him going down the road in an old rover car, with a double bass sticking out of the window. I dont know if it was his or somebody elses,but the guy is very,very talented,and I think some years ago he had quite a bit to do with Rob Plant. The album with Rob Plant & Alison Krauss looks very good.
I will keep you all posted when I see either of them next.
Take Care
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
oldgreenteeth

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi Carboncat im in bewdley a stones throw away!!Your spot on with Rob Plant he really does seem a nice bloke.I`ve seen him running the line at bewdley towns charity days.My brother was in the hayriders & did a gig at the stourport civic supporting Plant Page & band about 15 years ago.
Mike Sanchez also does some great stuff,shame Ian Jennings isn`t in the band with him,such a fantastic bass player who`s worked with loads of big names(Van morrison,mark knoffler jools holland!!)& still seems as down to earth as ever.
Cheers,Oldgreenteeth.

Last edited by oldgreenteeth on Mon May 12, 2008 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:23 am

irishguy wrote:
In March 1989' Robert Plant was in the crowd at the Stray Cats gig in the Town & Country Club gig in London. We got his autograph. In 2004 at the Cats Shepards Bush gig he sat only a few seats away from me in the gallery.
Plant once met Elvis and they sang Love Me together. Also on the last Led Zepplin album there is a sort of rock n roll/rockabilly song Hot Dog. Led Zepplin were a truly great band ,one of the best ever. He also has a recent rootsy album of duets with Alison Krauss and its quite good.

Met him after the Cat's gig in Hammersmith, around 89/90, he was along with Lemmy, they had just done two songs with the Cats, Lemmy was great but couldnt get us back stage!!! Rob was very quiet, he seemed like a decent sort tho!

I have heard a rumour that during the '70's, Zep once asked Elvis if they could be his backing band for a few gigs, he refused!! I take no responsibility if that story is not true, sounds good tho!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks Guys and Hi oldgreenteeth from Bewdley UK
I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw that we were so close to one another (INCREDIBLE) I might even know you ? you never know.Are you going to the Manchester gig? If you want to email me at anytime you can contact me on madharry1957@googlemail.com I live on your side of Kidderminster on the Ferndale estate,near the Habberley road. Do you ride motorcycles? and do you remember a guy from Bewdley called FREAK! I used to drink on the far forest at the duke william pub. It's great to meet somebody on here that only lives 2 miles down the road from me. I just cant believe it!!!
See you soon
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
oldgreenteeth

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyTue May 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Do you meen freaky? wild man, big beard, BIG DRINKER??I know that one,he`s still around (mostly outside the off liscence!!)I used to have a 600 bandit but have slowed up now & have a 1956 ford consul.You might have known my sis` Gez she was local up the forest.Me & my wife are off to manchester we went to brixton last time but i did`nt think tne sound was that good,certainly not up to the sheperds bush gig that was the best gig iv`e been to.
Nice to catch up we`ll have to get out & see one of the local rockabilly bands one off the days.
Cheers,Oldgreenteeth.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi oldgreenteeth
Yes thats the guy!! FREAKY!!! (likes a drink or two) I also have a 600 bandit done up in streetfighter style.I am just 50 so I know a few of the old boys.Its great to meet you on here and you only live down the road.My wife and I and kids, are also going to Manchester,so hopefully we can meet up before or sort something out.
Anyway!!! You just would not believe what happened today? cheers cheers
I pulled up outside Barclays bank in Kidderminster (my home town) and this guy reverses back and almost blocks me in , and just as I'm about to have a go at him,who gets out of the car ?but Mike Sanchez. I asked him how he was getting on and he shook hands and said he had to be in London this evening in two hours time for a sound check,So I took it that he must be doing a gig down there,as he said he was still up to the same old thing (meaning music).
I then got into a quick disscussion about The Stray Cats farewell tour and he said he knew there were so many concerts in the UK, and he was going to try to get to see the cats as he was a fan.
I just can't believe that I'm talking on here about him and Rob Plant and this happens. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked bounce bounce cheers cheers
Carbon Cat UK (kidderminster) Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Plant (drove past again)   Rob Plant (drove past again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rob Plant (drove past again)
Page 1 of 1