The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look at that Cadillac!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
61blackwidower

61blackwidower

Look at that Cadillac! Empty
PostSubject: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:02 am

Hey there Cats,
In the song "Look at that Cadillac" where Brian is wearing a suit and hat, Brian is playing an acoustic guitar which I think is a Gretsch G100.
Does any one have other thoughts on this guitar, and when it was made?
It is a nice looking guitar.
Dave pirat
Back to top Go down
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 am

Looking at the trapeze tailpiece it sure looks like a guild. Im not sure what model but I thought I saw it on the BS website when they had the guitar page.
Back to top Go down
61blackwidower

61blackwidower

PostSubject: Re: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! EmptySat May 31, 2008 9:10 am

Thank's alka-setzer,
sorry matey it's took me this long to reply, but I'm still undecided and thinking it is a G100. I'm a one eyed pirate. Any one else with info? Gretsch G100 arriving soon with Black Phoenix in hot pursuit. Hope to post pic's when possible.
Dave. pirat
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm pretty sure it's an old (mid-fifties?) Gretsch Synchromatic. If you watch the video, and you're able to pause it on one of the shots of the guitar's head, you can see (although kinda blurry) the "Synchromatic"-logo across the headstock. I found this one on gbase.com:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1869728

It's pretty much identical (except from the pickup, pickguard and the tailpiece) to the one that Brian plays in the video. They also made/make these guitars with "cats eye"-holes instead of regular f-holes, like on the Jimmie Vaughan signature model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/builtforspeedband
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 am

gretschoholic wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's an old (mid-fifties?) Gretsch Synchromatic. If you watch the video, and you're able to pause it on one of the shots of the guitar's head, you can see (although kinda blurry) the "Synchromatic"-logo across the headstock. I found this one on gbase.com:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1869728

It's pretty much identical (except from the pickup, pickguard and the tailpiece) to the one that Brian plays in the video. They also made/make these guitars with "cats eye"-holes instead of regular f-holes, like on the Jimmie Vaughan signature model.

Correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look at that Cadillac!   Look at that Cadillac! Empty

Back to top Go down

Look at that Cadillac!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: GUITAR RELATED DISCUSSION-
Jump to: