The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm only in it for the honey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

I'm only in it for the honey Empty
PostSubject: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 pm

I love that song, the bears suck tho. haha. I'm having trouble with the ending chords for the chorus in this song. They start at 1:13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT38VxC8ny0&feature=related

Here's the link if yall wanna give it a shot. Sucks that I dont bisit this forum much. I'm as big a Setzer fan as all of you so I gotta get goin on this. I'm goin to college right now but i'll finish in 2 weeks. that means back home to the 63 bassman and the SSLVO!!! oh shit I'm stoked. thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm

I'll give it a shot but would you ind telling me the chord structure you've uncovered thus far?
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 7:08 am

Ok, here are - pretty much - the chords (from the line "Gimme that golden nectar..."):

A13 - G#13 - G13 - F#7+ (all with the high E-string singing, un-fretted) - B9 - E6 - A. Then there's a B7#9 (the "Hendrix-chord" Cool ) or something, and back to the E-structure.

Anders
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/builtforspeedband
mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
Ok, here are - pretty much - the chords (from the line "Gimme that golden nectar..."):

A13 - G#13 - G13 - F#7+ (all with the high E-string singing, un-fretted) - B9 - E6 - A. Then there's a B7#9 (the "Hendrix-chord" Cool ) or something, and back to the E-structure.

Anders

hey thanks man
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Well, here's another one that I haven't tried, but listening to it now, and viewing the comments already posted I think I can elaborate a little bit more about the form, etc. Please note that the youtube version of this song is slightly diff. than the version from the soundtrack that was in the music player awhile back.

The song is definitely in the key of E. The opening chords sound like maybe (F#7-F7-E7 with an open high E-string added to each). A descending-ascending sequence of possibly diminished chords is played over what would be a I-vi.-ii-V change in E (i.e. E - C#m7 - F#m7 -B7).

The basic song structure is a modified blues in E with verses containing licks/fills and stop-time runs over each chord (mainly on the E's). E is played first then A then B7 and then repeat the form. Solos follow the form with runs in E (minor/blues) over the E chord and runs in A and B over the A and B chords accordingly.

For the chorus the first chord is A instead of E which is followed by D9 and then B7. Then the "Gimme that golden nectar.." comes in, and that section has already been commented on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm only in it for the honey   I'm only in it for the honey Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm only in it for the honey
Page 1 of 1