The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Signature Fenderamp?

Go down 
+3
Diggey
webelvis
Rocky Hillman 63
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky Hillman 63

Rocky Hillman 63

Signature Fenderamp? Empty
PostSubject: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 am

Hi you out there, Hi Brian, Hi Tommy,

its great to have a forum to share thoughts and things with all the cats from everywhere!

my Question is Question: Why does Fender not build a payable "Setzer signatur Bassman" amp for all these guitarplayers who wants that great sound and even the look! I mean Gretsch did this with his Guitars, so here is my idea! Pick it up and when its came thru i want a give away from you Brian Rolling Eyes

greetings from me to you

Rocky Hillman
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 6:43 am

I f I had enough money I would buy such an Amp.
Also Gretsch belongs to the Fender Concern there shouldn't big Problems to introduce such an Amp.
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Sig amp   Signature Fenderamp? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:22 pm

Look into the Gomez link below. He makes the best amps & I have one and it is "The Sound". For the price, you get a New Old Stock Reissue with all top shelf parts and components. It is the best amp I've ever owned. You can see it in my Avatar. I hope Brian Setzer gets one from Gomez. He'll love it!!!

http://www.gomezamps.com/el-sonido.html
Back to top Go down
Rockin' Johnny

Rockin' Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi guys from Italy.
I go with Victoria amps,they're great: 20112 (Fender Deluxe copy),Double Deluxe or 35115(Fender Pro Narrow Pannel copy). I use to play in small or medium clubs with 50 or 70 sits but i use them also in big clubs sometimes with a Mic Sennheiser e-906 in front of them.
I also have a 57 Fender tweed Deluxe (but 20112 is better) and a Fender 59 Bassman Reissue from 1996.I "customized" them with Nos tubes and new speaker :Weber on Bassman and Celestion to my Deluxe.

Stay wild and keep on rockin'!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 3:00 am

Diggey wrote:
Look into the Gomez link below. He makes the best amps & I have one and it is "The Sound". For the price, you get a New Old Stock Reissue with all top shelf parts and components. It is the best amp I've ever owned. You can see it in my Avatar. I hope Brian Setzer gets one from Gomez. He'll love it!!!

http://www.gomezamps.com/el-sonido.html

I sell Gomez amps and while they are built TO spec, Dario is more of a surf guy so that mentality
sits in the amp as far as its set up goes. To be specific he uses JJ preamp tubes and tungsol 5881 reisue
tubes with a very modest "in the middle" bias to the power tubes. If you make a change up to these three specific things, its a modest "boost" to a near perfect amp to take it to Setzer's hot rodded version.
1. higher gain chinese preamp tubes specifically 12AX7A-C5 Ruby preamp tubes and NOS Phillips 6L6WGB small bottle pwr tubes (dang near close internally to original tungsol 5881) and these are avail
at thetubestore.com.
2. The pwr tubes needed to be bias to at least 80% max spec plate voltage, this shortens the life
of the pwr tube by half, but we aint playin no surf music..it RAWK!
3. gotta have a duo of celestion V30s in a 4ohm load closed back cab with 12g harness wire and
speaker cabling. this couples the hopped up amp to the speakers with a minimum of capacitance loading and you will hear the twang difference as well as feel the thump of the strings far more
dynamically. mojotone.com builds 63' blonde rep cabs as close to an original as you'll ever get.

I've rebuilt 3 blonde bassman amps and I agree that the Gomez El Sonido is the finest blonde 6G6-B
clone amp currently being made. Even though it doesnt have NOS parts (its repro components
are actually superior to the originals although I'd prefer a better transformer ala mercury magnetics) other than the Treble pot and allen bradley carbon comp resistors
and it adds an internal bias pot, sonically its killer. I've played big and small stages as well as recorded with the El Sonido and i think that should have the badge of approval from setzer's camp, because Fender is building crap amps these days other than the Victoria amps they put the gretsch label on. I'm really glad to hear that Gomez is starting move around the rockabilly camps more!
Back to top Go down
ScottS

ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 1:17 pm

I new sig amp from Fender would probably price out more then it costs to purchase an original one right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
Buddy

PostSubject: amps   Signature Fenderamp? EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I am playing a Gomez EL-SONIDO (1962 BASSMAN) AND REALLY DIGING IT!! I am in SO-CAL and playing it all the time,so come on out and give it a listen!! Thanks Buddy rcknkat@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Fenderamp?   Signature Fenderamp? Empty

Back to top Go down

Signature Fenderamp?
Page 1 of 1