The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive

Go down 
+7
taggy jess
EskimoPie
Hotrodtodd
brent
Chillicat
Amity
TommyM
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive Empty
PostSubject: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm

When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive Vintage.001

Take me back to 1981. Remember when young bands f*ckin' made your heart pump out of your chest?

Stray Cats ROOLE.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks for posting, made my day.
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:12 pm

did he stub his toe on the amp while playin' on the right there? Laughing
really does look like the caricature drawing that jshea made, either way... Smile

I love the shot of the left, love to see musicians when they really get into what they're playin'...
*fun fact* i was just two months shy of being born when that was taken! haha...

cat
Cori
Back to top Go down
brent

brent

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:57 pm

That's not funny Cori!!!! Suspect (They don't have an old looking emodicon...
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

TommyM wrote:
When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive Vintage.001

Take me back to 1981. Remember when young bands f*ckin' made your heart pump out of your chest?

Stray Cats ROOLE.

-Tommy
Whens the last time a new band did that for you? I cant even remember .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 pm

NO band has ever done that for me except a band that Brian's been in. And then, no band like Stray Cats. Ever.

Look how clean and pale his arms are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taggy jess

taggy jess

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:18 am

I still remembering being in Berlin on vacation in the summer of 81, seeing Kim Wilde and Stray Cats on the same german TV show. Wow, those cats sounded and looked like dynamite to me, 13 years old Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:34 am

brent wrote:

That's not funny Cori!!!! Suspect (They don't have an old looking emodicon...

sorry dude.. its the sad truth... If it makes you feel better, i have an old soul... I collect vinyl and grew up listening to bebop. Also, i feel like i'm about 85 after a disappointing yoga stretch class tonight... (gotta find a better one)

Pretzel-billy,
cat
Cori
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:45 am

Great pics, rock & roll!
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:43 pm

A thousand times yes, Tommy. I've been watching old Stray Cats performances on You Tube (so much so that I used up my monthly allowance, I'm restricted until the 22nd!) and can't believe how on fire they were. Those to photos you posted are just incredible, they really capture the feeling perfectly. Here's another (pretty famous one) that does the same:

When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive Portrait_guitar_brianSetzer

On that topic... I seem to recall there used to be an archive of photos at BrianSetzer.com. Are they no longer around? I need material for my computer desktop Wink
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyFri May 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Hey Tommy,
I think that there are bands oput there that give their all, but I'll never see another band move me as much as the Cats. Period.
Cheers Donthurtmyfeelingsaboutmydisproportionalheadabilly Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Those were good times. Not only was I seeing the giants of the day like Stray Cats, The Clash, B52s, Devo, The Police, The Pretenders, etc. But I also got to see a lot of the 60s/70s giants as well like Santana, Grateful Dead, Kinks, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson. It was a good generational transition time for music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive   When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive Empty

Back to top Go down

When Rock & Roll Was Still Alive
Page 1 of 1