The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Micycle

Micycle

Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:58 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board.. name = Micycle. I bought "Built for Speed" in 1982 at KMart when I was 9 and Brian's playing has had a very major influence on my guitar playing ever since along with equal parts Frank Zappa and Ace Frehley.

I understand Brian lives in my neck of the woods now (Minneapolis), which is an honor. I can only hope that I'll be fortunate enough to bump into him someday buying hot dogs at the gas station or something. That would rule! A year or two ago a co-worker ran up to me and said "Dude... I think Brian Setzer is at the bar across the street." I thought he was full of it at the time, but it's one of the coolest, swankiest bars in the city and that was before I knew he lived here. Doing the math now, it was probably him. And poop on me for not walking across the street and saying thanks to him!

Nice to meet y'all. And the cyclops emoticon rules... I usually try to work a clops in on all of my band's flyers.

cyclops

Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/icedink
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:05 am

Hello from Sapin Mycicle:
You are very lucky to live near Brian Setzer. Maybe someday you met him.
I was happy I was going to see him this summer in my town but now I don´t know it it will be real....
Nice to meet you
Back to top Go down
Tweedboy6L6

Tweedboy6L6

PostSubject: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:31 am

Welcome Micycle.

I'm a North Iowan who makes occasional trips up to the Twin Cities. I always think it would be beyond cool to happen across Brian while I'm there.
Back to top Go down
ScottS

ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:14 am

hey welcome to the board.

You should keep your eyes open for a hot rod with a can of pomade on the dash

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:14 am

Hey Micycle.

I too am from MN, just south of the cities, and was there when Brian went to lee's (I have some pics over at hoodoovoodoolounge.com in the photos section)

Also, check out the pics from the 2004 BSO christmas show at the state theatre, I also need to load pics from the July 29, 07 Stray Cats show at the excel.

Let's hope we have the chance to see Setzer in minnesota this year!

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!   Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Page 1 of 1