The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

God Bless Vince Gill

Go down 
+7
ScottS
Scatman
Gloria
Kiki
Budgie
Aristocat
StanTheMan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

God Bless Vince Gill Empty
PostSubject: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Help me out here somebody. What did Vince Gill do? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 pm

He put cocky Kanye West in his place at the Grammy awards last week...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXosLbA0yjo (at about 1min 26)

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Aristocat wrote:
He put cocky Kanye West in his place at the Grammy awards last week...........

I really didn't see it that way at all... I thought he was almost giving him a compliment... saying that West won so many awards, but never got one from a Beatle. I thought it was a pretty funny line, but wasn't a slam against KW in any way. Though I still don't see why he (KW) kept getting awards...

I might have just been too creeped out by how much Ringo & Dave Stewart looked alike...

Gettin' By With a Little Help from My Friends,
Budgie Shears
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 pm

I might hve just been too creeped out by how much Ringo & Dave Stewart looked alike...

I agree with you on that........

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 1:57 pm

I see, so Vince was a good MC at the grammy's. Thanks for the replies. king

Maybe one year I'll actually watch them.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Gotta disagree with you on this, Budgie, as to how it came across. When I heard that, it immediately sounded like a putdown, or maybe a little good-natured ribbing. I almost stood up and cheered, ala Tom Cruise, right on the sofa!

God Bless Vince Gill!
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 pm

I saw Vince Gill's speech on YouTube the day after the Grammys, although I can't find it now, and I also thought his comment was a dig at Kanye West. I think because it came from a good old country boy, it came across as, well, downright friendly!! Poor Vince. Didn't he say something like "I'm just kidding" after making the comment? When the camera showed Kanye West laughing after Vince Gill's "Beatle" comment, I couldn't help wondering if the thoughts in Kanye's head matched the look on his face. I saw on a program reviewing the Grammys that showed Kanye West accepting an award and he said that the other nominees in the category shouldn't "drop" (I hate that term, by the way) their albums the same year he does. What. Meaning no one else stands a chance of winning against him? What the hell? Not a very gracious winner (but that's my vantage point!).

Welp, that's another Grammy show in the dumper! Maybe we could take bets on many different categories next year's Grammys will have!
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 pm

But in what way could it be construed as a dig at KW?? (Who, as I've stated before doesn't do anything for me...) If anything, I think Vince Gill's remark is almost complimentary to West... he was sort of saying "You may have a bunch of these already, but I got mine from a Beatle!!! Receiving a grammy from one of the Beatles has got to be really cool!! But it wasn't like Gill was up against West for it... What the HECK did they have Ringo giving out an award for Country anyways??

I just can't understand what all the fuss was about... It was a funny remark, but I can't see it as a knock at Kanye West at all...

Just-not-Gettin'-it-a-Budgie
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes, it is really cool to get your Grammy from a Beatle and that's the dig. I guess I heard it as, "I got my Grammy from a Beatle and YOU didn't, you conceited so-and-so. Nah, nah, nah!" But he's Vince Gill, so it didn't come across that way. It was a funny remark, but it was funnier aimed at Kanye West, in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm with Glo (and a lot of others) on this, for me the best line of the nite.
Total dig at kw, but done in a 'good-natured way'.
Though he was smiling, I wonder if k's eyes were raging behind those silly white shades.

Just-not-Gettin-Budgie-not-Gettin-it
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 pm

[quote="Scatman"]Though he was smiling, I wonder if k's eyes were raging behind those silly white shades.
[quote]

But explain to me why he should feel any anger at all?? Just because Entertainment Tonight said Vince Gill took a jab at him?

Say there was a pile of $100 dollar bills on a table. Willie Nelson walks over, picks one up and gives it to me... Next Huey Lewis walks over picks one up and give it to me. Then Janet Jackson does the same. Say 5 other stars give me $100 dollar bills. Then Ringo Starr walks over, picks one up and give it to Scatman. Then Scatman says to me "I got my hundred bill from a Beatle!" You know what?? I still $800 to your $100... It would've been nice to get one from Ringo, but still... I'll take the $800!!! LOL!!!

How come no one can 'splain to me my why Kanye West should be insulted by what Vince Gill said? I get "Oh, it was a dig at Kanye..." but no one can say exactly why.

Sorry to go on aboot this, but I'm like Rain Man trying to figure out "Who's on First!"

PS- Kanye Sucks!!! Now THAT he should feel insulted about!!! lol!

Last edited by Budgie on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScottS

ScottS

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 am

Budgie wrote:
Say there was a pile of $100 dollar bills on a table. Willie Nelson walks over, picks one up and gives it to me... Next Huey Lewis walks over picks one up and give it to me. Then Janet Jackson does the same. Say 5 other stars give me $100 dollar bills. Then Ringo Starr walks over, picks one up and give it to Scatman. Then Scatman says to me "I got my hundred bill from a Beatle!" You know what?? I still $800 to your $100... It would've been nice to get one from Ringo, but still... I'll take the $800!!! LOL!!!

cause at that level its beyond the money - its a pissing match

I thought it was a jab at Kanye and I think he deserved it - and I think he sucks too. Its hard to watch him or listen to him and not think about the stupid stuff he says.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 am

Budge, we obviously feel the same way about Kanye, so that's not what this is about.

The difference, I think, is that in your story about Willie and Huey Lewis, you are not in everyone's face telling them that you deserve not just the $800 but actually the whole pile of bills (including my $100), and secondly, that you weren't a sore loser when I got my $100 from Ringo.

It's not that Kanye should be insulted; it's that Vince Gill wouldn't have stated it if Kanye
didn't have a history of being an arrogant, pompous whatever-you-want-to-fill-in-the-blank-with.

Your analogy doesn't come close.
You have class, and Kanye, with all his money and accolades, can't even buy it.

Now about your style.............

xoxo
Scatman
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 am

Budgie,
What the hell are you talking about?
(LOL!)

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 8:45 am

TommyM wrote:
Budgie,
What the hell are you talking about?
(LOL!)

-Tommy

I'm just tired of the man trying to keep me down...

Budge D
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Budgie wrote:
What the HECK did they have Ringo giving out an award for Country anyways??
Just-not-Gettin'-it-a-Budgie

Budgie--It was the GRAMMY Awards....not the CMA's! The Grammy's are about peace, love, and unity among all the genres! flower Make love, not war!
If everyone agrees that KW sucks, why all the disagreement?? Vince is a good guy! He had the opportunity & seized it! As for West, he's probably too full of himself to realize when he's getting slammed.
Peace out.....
afro
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:13 pm

i vote this whole thread should be banished . NEEWWWW topic ,PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 2:56 am

Maybe so K Billy. I was just curious what Setzer meant when he said "God Bless Vince Gill" when the messege board opened back up.

It's my own ignorant fault for not having watched the Grammy's though I was interested in only one category out of how many. king

Peace all.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Was Vince not on stage when Brian got one his Grammys?
I seem to remember,Brian and the Dixie Chicks on stage too.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Bless Vince Gill   God Bless Vince Gill Empty

Back to top Go down

God Bless Vince Gill
Page 1 of 1